Triton Stables is dedicated to providing lessons to produce knowledgeable and successful riders of hunt seat riding. With over 20 experienced and safe horses and ponies, Triton is able to provide an environment where students are able to achieve goals in the sport of riding. Whether you are interested in showing or are interested in this wonderful sport for a hobby, Triton is able to accommodate any level of rider. Students learn responsibility for their horse as well as respect for the horse, themselves, fellow riders and the show ring.
Our goal is to work with your child (and adults!) at his/her own pace to develop basic horsemanship skills on the horse and on the ground in a fun and engaging atmosphere. We also have fun, practice horse shows one Saturday each month except during the winter. These C-rated shows provide a good foundation for the competitive aspect of hunt-seat riding and foster good sportsmanship while providing goals for improvement in position and skill level.
Minimum age requirement for group lessons is 6 years old.
A private one-on-one lunge lesson will be taught for the first lesson or until the rider can successfully perform basic principles of riding. These lessons will be by appointment.
- The lessons are one hour long. It starts with grooming and tacking of pony, riding instruction of at least 30 minutes, then a cool down period followed by untacking, more grooming and putting them away.
- We have 3 trainers available. Lessons are available after school at 4pm and all day on Saturday. Other dates and times can be accomodated, please call for more details.
- Payment is required at end of lesson.
- Please be on time for lesson properly dressed, especially if others are waiting.
- Please give 24 hours notice of cancellation or your lesson payment will be forfeited.
- In case of bad weather, please call the Stables to see if the lesson will be cancelled. Rain doesn’t necessarily stop lessons from happening!
- Please fill out the one week lesson contract or two week lesson contract AND release & hold harmless agreements and remit with the first payment.
- An approved ASTM riding helmet properly fitted. Triton Stables has some you can use, but regular riders will want to get their own.
- Long pants/jeans are fine, but the inner seams may chafe your legs. Riding breeches are made to prevent this problem and are recommended for serious riding.
- Paddock Boots (either lace-up or zipper). Sneakers are not allowed because they can slip through the stirrup and could drag a rider if thrown off the horse.
- While not required, gloves are helpful to maintain a good grip on the reins.
- Fly spray is recommended too as the flies that bother the horses will bother you if given the chance.
Beginner Lesson Fees (Effective 09/01/2019):
- Beginner Single Group Lesson: $50
- Private Lesson: $60
- Regular Price for 4 Lessons: $180
- SPECIAL Introductory Price for 4 Lessons: $160
- SPECIAL Introductory Price for 8 Lessons: $280-for new customers only
Intermediate Lesson Fees (Effective 05/01/2020):
- Single Group Lesson: $55
- Private Lesson: $65
- 4 Lesson Package: $200
- Regular 8 Lesson Package Price: $400
- SPECIAL Introductory Price for 8 Lessons: $360-May only be purchased at this price one time.
Advanced Lesson Fees (Effective 05/01/2020):
- Single Group Lesson: $65
- Private Lesson: $75
- 4 Lesson Package: $240
- Regular 8 Lesson Package Price: $480
- SPECIAL Introductory Price for 8 Lessons: $440-May only be purchased at this price one time.
All Triton Students will be required to purchase lessons in packages. The packages offer price benefits as well as encourage our students to come on a regular schedule which enables them to receive the maximum benefits from each lesson.
Please Contact Megan Ward to Schedule your Lesson today! 919.621.4908
Please note-Lessons are non-transferable.
Schedule your lesson today!